Representing West Virginia Businesses and Corporations
The attorneys at File Payne Scherer & File advise and represent business organizations of all sizes in southern West Virginia. Our law firm has served the business community in this region since 1901 and has developed valuable relationships that benefit our clients. From business formation to litigation to dissolution, our firm assists at all stages of the business life-cycle.
For information about business and corporate law, contact our firm. Call our Beckley attorneys toll free at 877-248-027
Examples of our Business and Corporate Representation
Our lawyers represent business clients in matters such as these:
- Business entity formation, including LLCs, partnerships, sole proprietorships, limited partnerships, C corporations and S corporations
- Drafting and review of non-compete and other employment agreements
- Drafting and review of buy/sell agreements
- Disputes and litigation, including mechanic's liens, breaches of contract, claims defense
- Commercial leasing
We advise clients in a wide range of business matters to help them minimize and manage risk and exposure to liability.
Business and Corporate Clients
A significant portion of our practice involves providing insurance defense services to insurance carriers writing liability, casualty, auto and other policies. Another group of clients consists of banks and other financial institutions. In addition, we have represented business and corporate clients such as these:
- Beckley Water Company
- Chesapeake & Potomac Telephone Company
- Virginia Crews Coal Company
- Whitesville A&S Coal Company
- Norfolk Southern
- Cabot Corporation
- Piney Land Company
We also act for contractors and other construction-related businesses in the Beckley area.
Contact a Business Law Attorney
For more information about our business and corporate practice, contact File Payne Scherer & File. Call us toll free at 877-248-0278.